Crime and Courts, Entertainment, Local, News

I Wanted My Own Identity: Woman Cries Foul As Hubby-To-Be Dumped Her For Refusing To Take His Surname

I Wanted My Own Identity: Woman Cries Foul As Hubby-To-Be Dumped Her For Refusing To Take His Surname

I Wanted My Own Identity: Woman Cries Foul As Hubby-To-Be Dumped Her For Refusing To Take His Surname

I Wanted My Own Identity: Woman Cries Foul As Hubby-To-Be Dumped Her For Refusing To Take His Surname

An anonymous woman has sparked debate on social media after she revealed that her boyfriend dumped her for another woman after she told him that she will not abandon her surname for his after marriage.

The woman took to Tete Fadzie’s Twitter page and wrote:

Hi fadzie was curious to know hangu an ex boyfriend of mine didn’t marry me and instead married another girl the last weekend of October. I felt sad at the time and asked him why he did that and he told me it was because when he asked me, around August this year, if I would take his last name I said no I wouldn’t. I wanted my own sense of identity, achievements in my own last name and independence. He then said he took it as a sign ndaizomunetsa kumberi and That October he went on and married the girl he is with now. I don’t regret it hangu, feel like i dodged a controlling man though I felt some kind of way (slightly) when I came across their roora pics last night. Nhai zvingarambirwe munhu here zvekuti I didn’t want to take his last name? Or anga agara asingachade?

Below are some of the responses from Twitter.

@RealTalkFadzie wrote:

Facts:
#1 His reason for breaking up with u is very valid !
#2 He is the one who dodged a bullet not you.
#3 Taking up ur husband’s surname does not take anything away from your achievements.
#4 Don’t let u judgement be clouded toxic feminists standards

@Call_Me_Wellie wrote:

I disagree with some of these facts. Wanting to keep your own surname is not toxic femininity. It’s a very allowable conviction to have as a woman

@tinahkays wrote:
I think there is nothing wrong with a woman wanting to keep her surname in marriage.She just needs to date guys who don’t mind such.He did well leaving her if he couldn’t compeomise on it & she kept her stance by not fighting fo him thru compromise to change hence the breakup
@girldrugie101 wrote:
Funny thing though , most legallu married women i know haven’t changed their last names . ID , passports and the likes because of how hectic the process can be . Saka chanetsa kungotaura ne muromo kuti i wont be changing my last name

You May Also Want To Read

Two Seke 1 High School Girls Die After Being Struck By Lightning

“Deceived” Man Files Divorce After Seeing Newlywed Wife Without Makeup

Iran Women’s Football Team Accused Of Using Male Goalkeeper Following Crucial Victory

 

For marriage, family, love, job/promotion. Goodluck in your business/lottery, court cases, diseases and other Spells kindly call Kiwanga Doctors on +254 769404965 or >>>> CLICK HERE.

  • How To Never Miss IHarare Latest News On Your News Feed Following Facebook’s New Algorithm

  • The post I Wanted My Own Identity: Woman Cries Foul As Hubby-To-Be Dumped Her For Refusing To Take His Surname appeared first on iHarare News.

    Source: Iharare