Crime and Courts, Entertainment, Local, News

Pics: Fire Guts Kwekwe General Hospital Staff Quarters

Pics: Fire Guts Kwekwe General Hospital Staff Quarters
Pics: Fire Guts Kwekwe General Hospital Staff Quarters
Image Credit: The Herald

Pics: Fire Guts Kwekwe General Hospital Staff Quarters

Kwekwe General Hospital doctors and staff members escaped unharmed after their quarters caught fire in the early hours of today.

Nine families including doctors, physiotherapist, nurses and an administrator lost property worth thousands of dollars after the fire razed down their residence at around 3am.

Pics: Fire Guts Kwekwe General Hospital Staff Quarters

The Herald reports that Kwekwe General Hospital medical superintendent, Dr Patricia Mapanda said:

“I can confirm that a fire broke out and razed one of the staff residences and it destroyed property. The staff members, including doctors, lost almost everything as they did not get time to remove their property.”

He said no one was injured adding that the quarters were meant for trainee doctors but due to shortage of accommodation at the institution had been converted into makeshift doctors’ residence.

Pics: Fire Guts Kwekwe General Hospital Staff Quarters

Kwekwe chief fire officer, Admire Masarakufa said they received the fire alert around 3am.

Masarakufa said when they arrived, it was too late to remove property as it was already reduced to ashes.

Officials from Kwekwe City, ZESA, District Development Committee (DCC) and police were also at the scene assessing the extent of the damage.

Pics: Fire Guts Kwekwe General Hospital Staff Quarters

Distraught occupants of the hostel were also milling around counting their losses.

The fire came almost a week after another fire destroyed Mpilo Central Hospital hostel block in Bulawayo.

The fire destroyed property worth thousands of dollars. Some of the doctors who reside there said that they had lost everything in the fire and only managed to escape with their lives.

In other news, iHarare reported that a horrible tragedy befell a Buhera family in April this year after four minor children were burnt to death when the family’s hut caught fire in yet to be established circumstances.

The sad incident occured in Machaka village under Chief Nerutanga in Buhera.

You May Also Want To Read

“He Passed Away Around 2AM”- TB Joshua’s Last Moments

16-Year-Old Boy Dies Pulling Sugarcane From Moving Truck

Prisons Officer Appears In Court For Car S_ex With 15-Year-Old Girlfriend

 

We can create a website and chatbot for your business! Be found by clients online. Click the link for more details: flipknoxsystems.com


For marriage, family, love, job/promotion. Goodluck in your business/lottery, court cases, diseases and other Spells kindly call Kiwanga Doctors on +254 769404965 or >>>> CLICK HERE.


  • How To Never Miss IHarare Latest News On Your News Feed Following Facebook’s New Algorithm

  • The post Pics: Fire Guts Kwekwe General Hospital Staff Quarters appeared first on iHarare News.

    Source: Iharare